Candy Crush Jelly Saga Level 171 Details
Level type: Liquorice Larry
Number of moves: 25
Number of Monklings: 3
Candy Crush Jelly Saga Level 171 Guide with Tips
Candy Crush Jelly Saga level 171 is a really hard level to beat. Hatching the monklings takes collecting a ton of orange candies, and 25 moves just doesn’t seem like enough. You have to battle Liquorice Larry but he won’t be able to finish the level either. We had a hard time getting through Candy Crush Jelly 171 so we played it over a hundred times to put together these tips.
When you play Boss levels in Jelly Saga one of the first things you need to do is assess what your priorities are. On Larry levels examples would be collecting orange candies to hatch the monklings, clearing blockers so that they can make it to the candy string, blocking Larry from finishing first, or moving fast to avoid running out of moves. In Candy Crush Jelly Saga level 171 it turns out that collecting orange candies and moving fast are on the top of our list.
Each monkling level is different in how many orange candies you have to collect to fill the meter. In Candy Crush Jelly level 171 it takes more than most. This means that we won’t get monklings on the board fast enough if we just focus on small orange candy matches. Instead we need to get the candies cascading so that we can get extra matches as things fall down the board. Special candies will help collect some orange candies too, but special candy combos that clear out the board will be our most effective tool. Watch our Candy Crush Jelly Saga level 171 videos below to see what we mean.
Since Larry won’t normally finish level 171 very often there is no point trying to play defense. Just attack the space and watch the orange candies rack up. If you don’t see any good special candy set up matches focus on making matches on the bottom of the board. This will maximize your chances to pick up extra matches on each move. Also remember that orange candies that are cleared on Liquorice Larry’s turn won’t fill up our meter, so plan to make specials that will stun him and give yourself multiple moves in a row.
There are coloring candy dispensers in Jelly Saga level 171 and if luck is smiling on you these can really come in handy. Since there is no way to know or influence which color will come out orange coloring candies can be rare. If you do get one to fall make sure you plan out how to make the most of it. Level 171 will take some time to get through so don’t get discouraged. Eventually you will find yourself playing with a favorable set up. Follow the tips below to beat Candy Crush Jelly Saga level 171 when things are in your favor.
Candy Crush Jelly Saga Level 171 Video
The tips to beat Candy Crush Jelly Saga level 171 are as follows:
- The priorities for Candy Crush Jelly Saga level 171 are to collect orange candies as fast as you can so that you don’t run out of moves.
- Try to clear out the board often with big combos so you can pick up orange candies in the cascades.
- You won’t be able to collect enough orange candies simply by making normal matches. Specials and combos are essential.
- Remember that on Liquorice Larry’s turns orange candies collected don’t fill up our meter. Use special candy matches to stun Larry so that you can make several moves in a row.
- 25 moves isn’t really enough on most tries so plan carefully not to waste any of them.
- Focus on the bottom of the board to get the candy to drop, but check the entire play field for special matches first.
- Color Bombs and Coloring Candy combos are the fastest way to fill the meter.
- Don’t bother trying to block Larry from collecting blue candies. We have never lost at level 171 because Larry finished first.
- Hang in there and watch our Candy Crush Jelly level 171 Commentary video below to see these tips in action.
Candy Crush Jelly Saga Level 171 Commentary Walkthrough with Tips
Our Candy Crush Jelly Saga level 171 commentary video is played by Pete Peppers with no boosters or extra moves. In the walkthrough Pete explains his decisions as he beats level 171, and outlines the tips above.
If you want to add new Candy Crush Jelly Saga friends, get tips in a hurry, or get support when you’re stuck, join our Candy Crush Jelly Saga Tips and Friends Facebook group. We have a growing community of Jelly Saga players, and everyone is welcome to join – click here.
If you have any questions about Candy Crush Soda Level 171 leave a comment below. We will try to answer as soon as possible.