Guide for Candy Crush Soda Saga Coloring Candy with Tips
What is also nice about the coloring candy (bubble bomb, paint bomb) is that it is an addition to the other special candies you are already familiar with from CC. This means more combos and action in Soda Saga, and more possibilities. And when you match two coloring candies together, or a coloring candy plus a color bomb some really interesting things happen.
Tips for Candy Crush Soda Saga Coloring Candy
The Candy Crush Soda Saga coloring candy is one of the major differences between Soda and the original Candy Crush. This new bomb is the most powerful special candy that you can make, and it is also the most difficult match to set up. The extra thinking that is involved is totally worth the effort though, and if you can match one of these with another special candy you will accelerate your progress through any level you are playing.
When the game first came out in soft-launch we called the Candy Crush Soda Saga coloring candy a bubble bomb because of its appearance. Players in our Facebook group came up with names like paint bomb, and paint bubble, but regardless of what you call this awesome feature you need to know how they work to be successful in Candy Crush Soda. In several of the toughest levels you almost need to make a big combo with coloring candy, and in any level they will almost always help you progress.
To create a Candy Crush Soda Saga coloring candy you have to make a match similar to the straight line match five required to make a color bomb or chocolate bomb. In the screenshot below you will see the difference in the coloring candy is that is uses six (or can be seven) candies to make the match. You can think of it as a plus shape or a cross, or even a T with a small bottom.
In the first image you can see that you can move either of the yellow candies with the arrows to the middle while the other remains behind to become the sixth candy. In the second screenshot you can see how the Candy Crush Soda Saga coloring candy is now created and has dropped into place. Since we used yellow candies to complete the match we end up with a yellow coloring candy.
The Candy Crush Soda Saga coloring candy or bubble bomb is rare, but you should always be on the lookout for the right set up to make it. Read our tips and watch the video below to get a better understanding of how valuable this great new Candy Crush Soda special candy can be.
The tips for the Candy Crush Soda Saga Coloring Candy are as follows:
- Coloring candies have a color to them unlike the color bomb.
- You can make coloring candies by matching 6 or more of the same color of candies together. This is done by making a straight line match 5 (like making a color bomb) with an extra piece of that same color in the shape of a plus or cross.
- Coloring candies take on the color of the candies that you used to make them.
- It doesn’t matter if the candies you match are vertical or horizontal when creating a coloring candy.
- The coloring candy is essentially the most powerful special candy in Candy Crush Soda Saga which means that you should pretty much always create one when you get the chance.
- While this special candy is powerful it has limited effects in some situations. It is best used in combinations with other special candies, or in situations where you need to change some specific candies to a different color.
- The coloring candy can be matched with any normal or special candy on the board.
- When matched with a normal candy of a different color the coloring candy turns all of that color candy to its color. For example if you match a yellow coloring candy with an orange piece of candy, all orange pieces of candy on the board will be painted yellow.
- When matched with a normal candy of the same color the coloring candy changes all the candy of a different color to its color. For example if you match a red coloring candy with a red piece of candy it will paint all the candies of one of the different colors to red.
- If you match a coloring candy with a special candy of the same color all the candies of that color on the board will be turned into that special candy. For example match a light blue coloring candy with a light blue fish, and all the remaining light blue candies on the board will become light blue fish.
- If you match a coloring candy with a special candy of a different color all candies on the board of both colors will become that special candy. For example if you match a green coloring candy with a yellow wrapped candy it will turn all green and yellow candies on the board into wrapped candies.
- If you combine a coloring candy with a color bomb you will see a special animation and the combo will create a rolling wave that will damage every tile on the board.
- If you combine two coloring candies together it will paint every piece of candy on the board the same color which will create a great explosion and cascade. You will also see a special animation with this combo.
- Watch the video below to see exactly how to create a coloring candy, and examples of what happens when you use it in special candy combos.
Candy Crush Soda Saga Coloring Candy Video
Watch the following video to better understand how the Candy Crush Soda Saga coloring candy works, and what happens when you combine them with other special candies.
Candy Crush Soda Saga Coloring Candy Combos
|Coloring candy + striped candy||This will turn all the candies on the board that are the same color as the striped and coloring candy into striped candies. It doesn’t matter if you match a horizontal or vertical stripe, the resulting striped candies will be a mixture of the two. For example if you match a red striped candy with a blue coloring candy all the red and blue candies on the board will be turned into alternating striped candies that will be activated right away.|
|Coloring candy + wrapped candy||This will turn all the candies on the board that are the same color as the coloring candy and the wrapped candy into wrapped candies. If you match an orange wrapped candy with a yellow coloring candy all the orange and yellow candies on the board will become wrapped candies and activate right away.|
|Coloring candy + fish||When you match a coloring candy with a fish it will turn all the other candies of those two colors into fish. The fish will then start swimming and attack whatever obstructions are in the way.|
|Coloring candy + color bomb||This combo is very special and can turn things around in any level at any time. When you match a color bomb and a coloring candy together it creates a rolling wave that damages obstructions, activates special candies, and in some cases will clear the board. It is similar to matching two color bombs together only more powerful.|
|Coloring candy + coloring candy||This is the best combo available in the game, and you are rewarded with an animation that shows Kimmy flying across the board when you make it. When you match two coloring candies together they paint all the candy pieces on the board the same color which creates a huge cascade of new special candies. This combo is rare, but you will not be disappointed when you finally make one.|
If you have any questions about how the Candy Crush Soda Saga Coloring Candy works leave a comment for Candy Crush Soda Saga Tips below and we will respond to it as soon as we can.