Guide for Candy Crush Soda Saga Frosting Levels with Tips
How Candy Crush Soda Saga Frosting Levels Work
Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels are the second level type we run into in the game in episode 2. Also known as find the bears levels, each frosting level challenges the player to find an amount of gummy bears which are hidden throughout the board below a layer of ice. The bears come in three sizes, and are in fixed locations on some levels while they move around on others.
The ice in Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels can be thick or thin. Thick ice has two layers, takes two matches to remove, and turns into thin ice after you make a match on that tile. Thin ice is more transparent than the thick, and you will have a blue color below it if there is a bear hidden below. To free a bear you find you have to remove all the ice above it so that every part of it has been exposed.
When playing Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels with a lot of hidden bears you will usually need to use special candies and combos to find them all. In the beginning when the find the bears levels are easy you will see them start with thin ice to give you clues about where the bears are hidden. In most frosting levels later in the game the ice will always be thick to start, and there will also be blockers above it. In this case special candies and combos will be vital to completing them.
Different special candies will be more effective on find the bears levels than others. For example single fish are not nearly as effective to find bears as they are to pop soda bottles. On Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels fish only remove one layer of one piece of ice or from a blocker, so you should almost always try to use fish in a combo with other special candies. When you match a fish with a coloring candy or color bomb on a find the bears level it will create a number of fish that will go a long way to opening the board.
Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels may be the simplest to understand, but some find the bears levels are up there with the most difficult levels in the game. As mentioned the ice is reminiscent of jelly in Candy Crush Saga, but we find frosting levels to be much more interesting. The variations and possibilities help to keep find the bears levels fresh.
Tips for Candy Crush Soda Saga Frosting Levels
We put together a video and some tips below to help you better understand the strategy in Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels. We have added commentary in the video to help explain the tips for frosting levels in greater detail. We think that frosting levels are easy enough to figure out when you first start playing the game, but understand that they also make up some of the most difficult levels in the game.
The tips for Candy Crush Soda Saga Frosting levels are as follows:
- Frosting levels challenge the player to find a number of bears and release them. The bears are trapped below ice which can also be hidden by blockers.
- The ice in these levels can be thick or thin. Most ice starts out as thick, and becomes thin after you make one match above it.
- Thin ice is more transparent than the thick which means you will be able to see a blueish hue to show that a bear is hidden below.
- Blockers can and do sit on top of the ice to make it harder to find the bears.
- Special candies are the most effective way to clear blockers and ice, and special candy combos are necessary to get through most tougher find the bear levels such as level 13 or level 21.
- Single fish aren’t very helpful in frosting levels because they only remove one layer, but combining fish with color bombs or coloring candies can really help.
- When you make fish on find the bears levels always try to look to turn them into combos with other special candies.
- In some frosting levels the placement of the bears are fixed, or they are in the same place each time you attempt the level.
- In other frosting levels the bears move around, and there may be some where the number of bears you have to collect changes based on which sizes are hidden.
- For these reasons always pay attention to where you find bears in failed attempts, and use this information to your advantage.
- Watch the video below to hear our thoughts on how Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels work, and the best strategies for different types of find the bears levels.
Candy Crush Soda Saga Frosting Levels Video
Watch the following video to better understand how Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels work. We have added commentary to help show how we use the tips above to approach find the bears levels.
If you want to add new Candy Crush Soda Saga friends, get tips in a hurry, or just moan about a level when you’re stuck, join our Candy Crush Soda Saga Level Tips Facebook group. We have a growing community of active Candy Crush Soda Saga players, and everyone is welcome to join – click here.
If you have any questions about Candy Crush Soda Saga frosting levels leave a comment for Candy Crush Soda Saga Tips below and we will respond to it as soon as we can.