Guide for Candy Crush Soda Saga Honey Levels with Tips
How Candy Crush Soda Saga Honey Levels Work
Candy Crush Soda Saga honey levels are first introduced in the game in level 76. The goal is to eat the honey and save the bears which are trapped inside of it. Honey squares sit on top of tiles which means you have to make matches next to them to remove them. Some honey squares have bears inside, some have regular or special candies inside, and some are empty and work just like any other blocker.
Honey is also layered and can have one to six layers to it. A single honey layer takes one match to remove, a two layer honey square takes two matches to remove, and so on. The following screen shots show what the different layers of honey look like:
As you can see single layer honey is the most transparent in Candy Crush Soda Saga Honey Levels, and you can see the bear is ready to be released. As the layers get thicker it takes more hits to find out what’s inside. In most honey levels the gummy honey bears seem to be in fixed places, so you will want to keep track of where you found them in failed attempts. Honey levels don’t have soda on them, but that can have scrolling boards with multiple rooms to get through just like bubble levels do.
As a general rule what makes Candy Crush Soda Saga honey levels hard is finding where the bears are, and getting to them all before you run out of moves. The toughest eat the honey and save the bears levels often need really nice set ups to complete. There are several that we can think of off the top of our heads that seemed impossible on most tries until we got the right conditions and made the right decisions on one attempt to finally complete them. This means that you may have to work on a honey level for multiple attempts, and that you will have to take your time to consider each choice that you make.
Candy Crush Soda Saga honey levels add good variety when they are mixed in with all the other level types. The differences in how honey works compared to the game’s other features adds a whole new dimension of strategy which make Soda Saga feel like a more complete game.
Tips for Candy Crush Soda Saga Honey Levels
In the current version of the game a few of the Candy Crush Soda Saga honey levels are the toughest ones to get past. There is a lot of variety in honey levels, so if you need help with the level you’re on check out our level guides and videos index. Below we have compiled some general tips that will help you work your way through eat the honey and save the bears levels, and the video below helps to further explain the strategy.
The tips for Candy Crush Soda Saga honey levels are as follows:
- Honey squares sit on top of tiles like blockers. To damage the honey you have to make matches next to it or damage it with special candies.
- The goal of a honey level is to free bears that are trapped inside of it.
- The honey comes in different thicknesses ranging from 1 to 6 layers. Each time you hit the honey you remove one layer, and the bear or candy inside won’t be released until you remove the last layer.
- Honey squares can also have normal or special candies inside, or they can be empty and work like a normal blocker.
- Once you get down to the last two layers you can see what is inside the honey square.
- Honey bears are usually in fixed places on the board so remember where you found them on your failed attempts.
- Fish can be helpful on honey levels because they attack the squares with bears in them first. You can use fish to free bears if the honey is down to the last layer, or you can use them to find bears when the layers are thick.
- All of the other special candies can help you clear out honey faster.
- Some eat the honey and save the bears levels have scrolling boards with several rooms to move through. On these types of levels when you free the last honey bear the rest of the honey will be removed.
- When playing a Candy Crush Soda Saga honey level with multiple rooms go straight for the bears to free them as fast as you can.
- Planning is really important on honey levels so always take your time to find your best option.
- Many honey levels can seem impossible in some tries, but remember that we have managed to beat them all without using boosters or extra moves.
- If you need help with a level that you are on make sure to visit the level guides and video page to see how we managed to get through it.
Candy Crush Soda Saga Honey Levels Video
Watch the following video to better understand how Candy Crush Soda Saga honey levels work. There is added commentary to help explain the strategy we use to approach eat all the honey and save the bears levels.
If you want to add new Candy Crush Soda Saga friends, get tips in a hurry, or just moan about a level when you’re stuck, join our Candy Crush Soda Saga Level Tips Facebook group. We have a growing community of active Candy Crush Soda Saga players, and everyone is welcome to join – click here.
If you have any questions about Candy Crush Soda Saga honey levels leave a comment for Candy Crush Soda Saga Tips below and we will respond to it as soon as we can.