How to Play Candy Crush Jelly Saga on Your PC or Mac Computer (Laptop or Desktop)
Wondering when you will be able to play Candy Crush Jelly on your computer? To date King hasn’t released a Facebook version of Jelly Saga. Like most players we just assumed that they would at some point. After all, both of the other Candy Crush games are on Facebook so why not Jelly? We don’t know if Candy Crush Jelly Saga will eventually be released to play on Facebook or on King.com, but we do know of a simple way to play it on your computer now.
In our Candy Crush Jelly Saga Tips and Friends Facebook Group we hear from players every day. One of the questions we hear the most is, “How do I play Candy Crush Jelly Saga on Facebook?” The next most popular question is, “When can I play Candy Crush Jelly on my computer?”
The answer is that you can’t play it directly on Facebook like other King games at this time. But, if you like to play games on your laptop or desktop computer there is a free program you can install so that you can play the Android version. You can connect your Jelly Saga game to Facebook just like you would on your phone or tablet so your progress will be synced, and it works for both Mac and PC computers.
How to Set Up your Computer to Play Candy Crush Jelly
Setting up your computer to play Jelly Saga is really easy. All you have to do is download and install a free program called an Android Emulator. For the purposes of this tutorial we are going to explain how to set up Bluestacks. Bluestacks is one of the most popular emulators, and since we use it ourselves we know that it doesn’t cost anything or cause any problems.
An emulator is basically a piece of software that lets one computer system behave like another computer system. So in this case when you are running Bluestacks on your desktop or laptop it works like you have an Android tablet running on your screen. This might sound daunting but we promise it is as easy as using your internet browser.
One thing to keep in mind is that if you have a Windows 10 PC you can download Jelly Saga through the Windows app store and play it that way. This is a simpler option since you don’t have to set anything up. If you are running an older version of the operating system like Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 this option isn’t available. The only way to play Candy Crush Jelly on a Windows 8.1 or earlier computer is to download the emulator.
Here are the steps to set up your computer to start playing Candy Crush Jelly:
- Follow this link to download Bluestacks 2 – http://www.bluestacks.com/
- Follow the instructions to install the app.
- Open Bluestacks 2 once the installation is complete.
- When you start the emulator for the first time it will guide you through the set up. You will need to connect to your Google Play account to add apps to Bluestacks. If you don’t have a Google Play account you will be able to set one up for free.
- Bluestacks is free to use, but you may see a prompt to pay a yearly fee or download suggested apps. Go ahead and download the suggested apps. These won’t have an effect on your emulator’s performance and you can delete them from the app manager later if you don’t want them. As far as we can tell there is no advantage to paying the subscription fee.
- After the installation and set up is complete click on the search icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Type Candy Crush Jelly Saga into the search field and click on – Search Play for Candy Crush Jelly Saga.
- Install Jelly Saga and click open to load the app.
- On the opening screen click on the blue connect button to sync to your Facebook account.
- Enter your Facebook account information and password to sync the emulator so that your progress will be saved across all platforms.
That’s all you have to do. Now you have an Android tablet right on your computer. You can play Jelly Saga and any other app from the Google Play store on your PC or Mac. Bluestacks 2 can run multiple apps at the same time so you can even open your favorite messaging apps in another tab while you play.
As mentioned we don’t know if King will eventually release a FB version or not. Either way the increased popularity of mobile gaming means there are fewer games coming out with a Facebook and mobile version. Using an emulator makes it possible to play any game that you can find in the Android app store on a larger screen. Right now the emulator is the only way to play Blossom Blast Saga and Farm Heroes Super Saga on your computer too.
If you have any questions about how to play Candy Crush Jelly Saga on your computer leave a comment below. We will answer it as soon as we can.